Tuesday 22 January 2013

Mixed Bag!

This weekend was a mixed bag for me business wise! Had the pleasure of making a fab cake and dealing with a really lovely customer, and on the flip side had the disappointment of another customer not turning up to collect their order.

In 5 years of business, I've been fortunate to create cakes etc for some really lovely people, however, in the last month I've been let down twice.  Now I always take deposits on orders, however as these two clients were repeat customers, I felt safe taking the orders without deposits.Talk about live and learn, which makes me really sad that people would take advantage, especially as they have had goodies from me in the past and know how much love and effort goes into my work.

But as I said you live and learn, so from now on, my procedures have changed, and I will no longer accept cash on collection as payment.  All orders will HAVE to be secured with a deposit, and full payment 7 days before collection on celebration cakes, and 3 weeks prior for wedding cakes.

I'm aware that some people may not like the idea of paying up front for their cake, and believe me I don't like imposing this either, but I am no longer willing to take the risk of spending hours creating something, that is not going to be collected!

Rant over!!! Time to share a piccie!!!!  I loved this little guy, and was quite sorry to see him go! Hopefully the birthday boy loved him too!!




No comments: